Monday, September 8, 2014

Under construction

Starting over requires two things: a lot of hard work...and Ikea.

After 21 years living on a class schedule, it was time for a free period. So for the past year, I travelled from San Funcisco to Cowgary to my happy place in a year-long avoidance of real life. I wanted to learn things that weren't in the syllabus, visit people that I had never met, and take a break and have a Kit Kat bar.

But after putting my life on pause for a year, it was time to get to work. The first thing on the list: moving out of my parent's place and into a new apartment. And new apartments require Ikea.

Before any of my furniture showed up, my father and I were hard at work piecing together a brand new dresser courtesy of Sweden's finest.



It took four hours to translate Ikea's instructions into proper construction, but the end result was more than just a dresser.

My life is under construction but if I can conquer Ikea, I can do anything. And now that I've got an apartment, complete with fancy drawers, I can finally start piecing things together.

No comments:

Post a Comment