Thursday, August 14, 2014

My happy place

With Pharell's "Happy" commandeering the airwaves, it seemed like any place could become a happy place.

But regardless how frequently that song wormed its way into my ear and got stuck in my head, I never truly found my happy place until I reached the beaches of Mallorca. Away from the ever-updating feeds of social media, the constant distraction of the internet and on a schedule that included nothing but eating and beaching, I found a new level of contentment. It felt as though the Spanish island had literally distanced me from all of my worldly concerns and left me free to squish my toes in the sand, drink a few cervezas, and scan the Ocean horizon for signs of reality.

For one week, I got to leave real life and live oh-so-happily in this place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment