Monday, October 10, 2011

Turkey time


Thanksgiving dinner was not always a tradition in my family.

There was once a time when the only exciting thing about my October long weekend was the fact that I didn’t have to go to school on Monday. Oh how times have changed.

After months of subsisting on Kraft Dinner and Nutella sandwiches, the thanksgiving menu comes as more than just a feast for the eyes – and I have learned to come prepared.

I have long since abandoned the fancy attire for thanksgiving dinner. Instead, I arrive prepared to eat, outfitted in stretch pants with the necessary elasta-waist to accommodate obscene amounts of consumption. At my house, thanksgiving is not about looking good, it’s about eating so much that it takes you 364 days to be able to look at another turkey dinner. 

This year, gluttony was taken to a whole new level with a Saturday morning turkey feast followed by Sunday all-you-can-eat sushi and to cap it off, a full Indian spread on Monday. The dining trifecta gave me a food baby with disturbing staying power, but at least I know I’ll be well insulated this winter.

So from my couch to yours, I hope your weekend was one of big bites and full nights.

Happy thanksgiving Canada! 

No comments:

Post a Comment