Monday, July 27, 2009

Monday Showers Bring Icing Flowers

It’s Monday and as I look out my window, I’m can watch my hopes for sunny summer weather go down the drain. Apparently, Ottawa has taken a liking to monsoon season. We’ve had so much rain in the past few weeks that I’ve almost forgotten what the sun looks like. I remember it being vaguely bright and warm, but I really can’t be sure.

While the cracked out Ottawa weather continues, I have become accustomed to fusing to my couch every evening after work. Yes, I am a self-defined couch junkie whose butt print is now permanently embedded in the middle of the right hand cushion. While I wait for the weather to sober up, poised in the same position on my green leather sofa, I keep entertained by watching the Totally Life Consuming network, commonly known as TLC.

I have no interest in the Jon and Kate fiasco or the couples that just keep poppin’ out kids because they can’t figure out this new fangled doohickey called birth control (18 Kids and Counting). No, I go straight for the good stuff.

Tonight, after I assume my usual position on the couch, I’ll settle in and watch Cake Boss. This show zooms in on a family run bakery in New Jersey and is one of the most entertaining and drool worthy reality shows on television. Every episode leaves you wondering if there is anything that Carlo’s Bake Shop can't make out of fondant and modeling chocolate. It's no wonder the shop is run by some contently plump bakers.

Since there is no visible end to the dark, ominous clouds that hang over the city, I am settling in and looking forward to numerous sweet TLC Mondays.

No comments:

Post a Comment