Wednesday, June 10, 2009

What Happens in Vegas...

Once again, I braved the chaotic crowds and overly long lines to get my super cheap Tuesday movie ticket. This week’s feature: The Hangover. I had heard great things, but I prepared myself for a slapstick teen comedy. However, after only a few minutes, this became one Hangover that I never wanted never wanted to end.



The movie was epic from the opening scene to the graphic credits. Movies based off a chain of disastrous events usually stress me out rather than entertain me. However, this movie steered away from audience’s expectations (for the most part) and kept me laughing for a solid hour and 39 minutes. Who knew that finding a man who resembles a fat Jesus, and giving him a stolen baby would lead to ab-building laughter? Well, not even the producers of the movie expected it to be such a hit with audiences. In its opening weekend, The Hangover hit number one at the box office and guzzeled down $45 million in ticket sales. Apparently, this is one ‘morning-after’ saga that people can’t wait to tell their friends about. This is hands down, the best Hangover I have ever experienced.

No comments:

Post a Comment